Monday, January 28, 2013

Android User application as System Application or as a prebuilt application

In many scenario's with the customized android ROM's, we want some of the android applications to be a part of the android image. i.e we want the apk's as a prebuilt apk.

Follow these instructions, to prepare an apk as a prebuilt apk.

Adding a prebuilt APK (Android.mk)

  LOCAL_PATH := $(call my-dir)
  include $(CLEAR_VARS)
   
  # Module name should match apk name to be installed.
  LOCAL_MODULE := LocalModuleName
  LOCAL_SRC_FILES := $(LOCAL_MODULE).apk
  LOCAL_MODULE_CLASS := APPS
  LOCAL_MODULE_SUFFIX := $(COMMON_ANDROID_PACKAGE_SUFFIX)
   
  include $(BUILD_PREBUILT)

1 comment:

  1. I am trying to get the kannada font support for Android ICS. I rooted my Xperia Neo L phone which is running Android ICS 4.0.4 and installed Kannada font (Lohit-Kannada.ttf). I have also included the Lohit-Kannada font as family-set in fallback_fonts.xml in the framework. After that, I am able to see the kannada fonts render in browser but the complex script is not supported. Glyphs are not rendered in proper way, though it is just readable. Other indic languages like Tamil, Hindi, Bengali etc renders perfectly but my language is not rendering properly. Someone suggested me to go thru this blog. http://androidandsandu.blogspot.in/2011/12/how-to-add-indian-languages-to-android.html But i'm not able to find out where to make those file changes. I mean where is that lohit-fonts directory, where is the android.mk file? I'm not able to find those folders or those files in my phone. Any help please?

    ReplyDelete